The Importance of Fathers

 

Are fathers important? YES! They are so needed and they play a huge role in the lives of their children and their wives.

“Maternal ratings of the importance of father involvement and satisfaction with father involvement reliably mediated the effects of age of child, satisfaction with social support, satisfaction with employment status, and satisfaction with marriage.

(https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00221325.1995.9914811)

Father involvement effects so many aspects of a child’s life. Today I am going to talk about 5 different aspects of the importance of fathers.

The first one is how important it is for the child to have a father there for each age of their life. I am taking a developmental psychology lifespan class in college right now. Through out the semester we have been learning about the physical, social, emotional, and mental development of and individual in each stage of life. This class has helped me see how important each stage/phase of development is. Some stages are more sensitive than others but they are all really important. They all effect how the individual ends up and how they view life. As I have learned this, I have seen just how important it is for the individual growing up to have supportive parents. This makes the biggest difference. Individuals need a supportive father in each stage of their life. This plays a big role in helping the individual be successful.

The second one I want to go into is how a father can be a social support to his children. When you have a dad who is older, bigger, stronger, and wiser than you cheering you on, it can bring a greater sense of confidence in you. You know you have someone that is cheering you on and helping you succeed. This is huge in a child’s development.

The third one is maybe one that when the child is younger doesn’t understand how beneficial it is for them. And that is employment. Young children cannot comprehend how beneficial it is that their dad has a job and is striving to provide for their needs. But as they grow older they will start to understand how important it is for their dad to be working hard and providing for them.

The fourth one is how having a good father increases the satisfaction with in a marriage. When both father and mother are working together and can rely on each other, it benefits their kids and their marriage so much. They are able to help each other through hard times and consult with each other on how to best help their kids. In one of my other classes we talked about how moms do not get to be their full mom if the dad is not there. A mom is a half and a dad is a half, you need both to make a whole.

The fifth one goes along with the fourth one. Not only does having a father help the mother with in their parent roles, but for the wife to have a husband and a partner by her side increases her happiness. This companionship helps the mom be happy. And we’ve al heard if the mom is happy than everyone is happy.

I was so lucky and was blessed with a good father in my life. He is one of my best friends and I love him so much. Knowing that I have a dad that loves me and wants me to succeed has helped me gain confidence in myself.

My dad has a lot of love for me but he also has high expectations for me. This has helped raise my sights and helped me set high goals for myself. He has helped push me and become so much more than I could have on my own.

My dad is also so much fun and he has taught me how to enjoy life. This has been huge for me. My life is so much happier because he has helped me see the good in the world.

My dad has also taught me so many amazing life lessons. He is very wise and he has helped me learn things that have helped me be successful in life.

 

Comments